This post is about how I made the website that you are currently reading. You can find the source code in this Github repository. There are a couple of nice features that I would like to highlight, primarily:
- Support for MDX (Markdown with JSX) files
- Statically generated and hosted on Vercel/Netlify/Cloudflare Pages/etc.
- Blogging system with tag-based filtering
- All this using Vite and Svelte!
With this setup, it’s much easier to focus on writing because how it works is:
- I want to write about X
- I create a file called
- Add some metadata at the very top of the file like this:
--- title: X date: 2022-09-09 tags: - tag1 - tag2 ---
- Start writing!
Once I am done, all I have to do is a simple series of
git add --all,
git commit -m "new post", and